Subject: [bug#75063] [PATCH v2] gnu: dict: Add symbols to help users configure FreeDict with dicod.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2025 23:15:33 +0100

Hi,

Runciter <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/services/dict.scm: (%dicod-database:freedict): New procedure;
> (dicod-freedict-databases): new variable.
> * doc/guix.texi: (Dictionary Service): Document them.
>
> Signed-off-by: Runciter <[email-masked]>

[...]

> -The following is an example @code{dicod-service-type} configuration.
> +@deffn {Procedure} %dicod-database:freedict dictionary-name
> +"Returns a record of type @code{dicod-database} for purpose of configuring a
> +database for the FreeDict multilingual dictionary named by the string
> +@var{dictionary-name} into a service of type @code{dicod-service-type}."
> +@end deffn

Could you remove double quotes?

I would add an example, like so: “… named by @var{dictionary-name}, a
string such as @code{"kur-eng"} for the Kurdish-to-English dictionary,
into a service …”.

> +@defvar dicod-freedict-databases
> +A relatively large list of records of type @code{dicod-database}, made

Oops, I guess my message was unclear.

I think the procedure should be called ‘dicod-freedict-database’
(singular); the variable for all the databases should be called
‘%dicod-databases:freedict’ (similar to ‘%dicod-database:gcide’).

Apart from that it looks good to me.

Could you send one last version along these lines?

Thanks,
Ludo’.