Subject: Re: bug#7506: Replacement for 'htmlize-region-for-past using htmlfontify?

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 20:56:58 -0800

Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Stefan Monnier
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Could we please add a replacement for  'htmlize-region-for-past using
>>> htmlfontify?
>>
>> I don't know what is "htmlize-region-for-past(e?)".  Care to give us
>> some context?
>
> I have never used it, but it is used by org-mode when it exports code
> fragment in an org-mode file to html. That will show the syntax
> coloring (make by font-lock) in the exported html code.
>
> Unfortunately it is a little bit of work to implement this in
> htmlfontify if I remember correctly (I am addinng Vivek to the
> recievers of this message). Htmlfontify always puts the css code in
> the header, i.e. it produces a full html file.

The above feature request for `org-html-htmlize-region-for-paste' has
been sitting in the Emacs bug tracker for 10 years.  It seems like no
one on our side has taken an interest in it.

I am now closing this bug in our tracker with a copy to the Org-mode
mailing list, in the hope that someone there will be able to determine
what, if anything, should be done about this.

I hope this doesn't waste any time for the Org-mode maintainers or
anyone else; please feel free to just ignore this email if it is not of
interest.

Thanks.