Subject: Re: bug#75056: 31.0.50; tty-child-frames with server / multiple clients possible hangs

From: Len Trigg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2025 22:25:56 +1300

OK, that's fixed the crash, but my original problem persists, with a new
artifact. This time slightly different repro steps to make things more
visible:

- Open two terminal windows side by side
- In the first terminal: emacs -nw --init-directory=~/emacs-test  (using
the original init.el I sent)
- In the second terminal: emacsclient -nw, followed by C-x b C-n RET (to
switch buffers using tty child frame, leaving the cursor in *Messages* and
the tty child frame has been dismissed)
- Back to the first terminal: C-x b C-n RET (as above, this switches
buffers using the tty child frame, leaving the cursor in *Messages* and the
tty child frame has been dismissed.
- Now, notice that immediately upon switching focus back to the second
terminal (I use focus follows mouse) we find the emacsclient "hung", but
back on the first terminal the tty child frame has magically represented
itself even though it had been dismissed!!!
- If we move the mouse focus back to the first terminal, the tty child
frame disappears.

On Fri, 24 Jan 2025 at 18:26, Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Anyway. I'll develop a fix for that immediate problem tomorrow. I think
> > I'll just make it not crash for now, and perform the update anyway,
> > which I guess 30 would do.
>
> Pushed to master.
>
>