Subject: bug#75056: 31.0.50; tty-child-frames with server / multiple clients possible hangs

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2025 04:29:43 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> I attach my latest achievements both in the menu bar and mouse drag
> child frame departments.  Menu bars now accept navigation with the
> keyboard which was pretty non-trivial to do.  Mouse dragging works with
> header and mode lines - the attached tty-child-frames.el should provide
> the necessary ingredients via C-l and M-l.

Congratulations, impressive! And quite funny to see something like that
on a terminal 😂.

If you are looking for ideas:

Could you make sub-menus display and behave more like on a GUI? For
example, when I choose Tools -> Spell from the menu bar, the Spell menu
replaces the Tools menu on the screen. On a GUI it would display on top
of the parent and one could navigate back to the parent with the mouse.

Similarly for context menus. 

Also the first line of the menu "Spell >" looks weird.

And keyboard navigation back from a sub-menu to its parent would be
nice.

Unbelievable 😂 Nice!

Also, moving child frames is pretty nice too!