Subject: Re: bug#75056: 31.0.50; tty-child-frames with server / multiple clients possible hangs

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2025 09:32:25 +0100

> It has no inherent special purpose, and probably has a bug as you
 > describe. Like perhaps the one for the size. Both are an attempt to
 > mimic what is done for window-system frames, while being depressed that
 > that cannot be easily reused, and being too lazy to rewrite the whole
 > frame parameter department 🙂.

The position handling is inherently broken on window-system frames too
because we translate negative values to positive ones after the window
manager has processed them.  But I'd like to handle values like (+ 10)
to make child frame dragging work so I'll implement that next.

 >> Also when I want to move a child frame to the left of its parent via
 >>
 >>    (modify-frame-parameters nil '((left . 0)))
 >>
 >> the left border disappears.  Is that intended?
 >
 > If I understand that correctly, then probably yes. The borders are drawn
 > around the frame, so the left border is at left - 1, the right at left +
 > width + 1, and so on.

I see.

 > Whatever is outside of the terminal is clipped.

Didn't you once mention that borders can be displayed more nicely?  I
obviously forgot how to do that.  In either case I'd like to resize
child frames by dragging their borders with the mouse.

martin