Subject: bug#75056: 31.0.50; tty-child-frames with server / multiple clients possible hangs

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2025 12:04:56 +0100

>> I still wonder what happened to the "when one frame completely obscures
 >> another" visibility state issue.  Has that vanished?
 >
 > No, we still ignore that on TTYs, for non-child frames.  See my other
 > message.

Are you sure?  frame.h now has

   /* Nonzero if the frame is currently displayed; we check
      it to see if we should bother updating the frame's contents. */
   unsigned visible : 1;

where it formerly had

   /* Nonzero if the frame is currently displayed; we check
      it to see if we should bother updating the frame's contents.

      On ttys and on Windows NT/9X, to avoid wasting effort updating
      visible frames that are actually completely obscured by other
      windows on the display, we bend the meaning of visible slightly:
      if equal to 2, then the frame is obscured - we still consider
      it to be "visible" as seen from lisp, but we don't bother
      updating it.  */
   unsigned visible : 2;

martin