Subject: Re: bug#75056: 31.0.50; tty-child-frames with server / multiple clients possible hangs

From: Len Trigg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2025 11:39:33 +1300

On Sun, 26 Jan 2025 at 09:08, Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> > I could see that prior to tty child frames that was necessarily true,
> > but now we have tty child frames shouldn't that documentation be
> > updated? (I'm assuming at the code level it's no longer true since
> > posframe hides it's frames by simply making them invisible).
>
> Yes, that's right, The visibility thing on ttys is now more like on
> GUIs. We have to change the documentation.
>

OK, so would I be correct that our current understanding of this bug is now
best described as "something is setting previously invisible tty child
frames as visible when focus changes to an alternative tty client"?
(Possibly some part of the multi-tty code that still assumes that all tty
frames are always visible). This then causes the non-focused client to
display the tty child frame with minibuffer that then blocks input from
other clients due to the existing single-kboard limitation.

Cheers,
Len.