Subject: bug#75056: 31.0.50; tty-child-frames with server / multiple clients possible hangs

From: Len Trigg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2025 08:24:50 +1300

Thanks, so far I haven't been able to produce that segfault, so hopefully
fixed.

I noticed that the documentation for frame-visible-p says:

"If FRAME is a text terminal frame, this always returns t.
Such frames are always considered visible, whether or not they are
currently being displayed on the terminal."

I could see that prior to tty child frames that was necessarily true, but
now we have tty child frames shouldn't that documentation be updated? (I'm
assuming at the code level it's no longer true since posframe hides it's
frames by simply making them invisible).

Cheers,
Len.

On Sun, 26 Jan 2025 at 02:47, Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> >> Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> >>
> >>> You either have a very wide display (x=...), or the selected frame at
> >>> this point is a GUI frame. I guess I can fix that over the weekend.
> >>
> >> I've pushed something to master for the crash. Please give it a try.
> >
> > I had to revert that for now because I have introduced a bug somewhere,
> > and can't fix this fast enough, sorry.
>
> Fix now on master.
>