Subject: guix on foreign distro (gentoo) "you found a bug" error

From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2024 18:01:54 -0600

# guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 30fdffc (1,122 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
 guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   30fdffc
substitute: ;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
substitute: ;;;       newer than compiled
/usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
substitute: ;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
substitute: ;;;       newer than compiled
/usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
guix substitute: warning: while fetching
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/x1mqnr0vyjc5qqns97j5z3p1nf8m9b6g-module-import:
server is somewhat slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
module-import  210KiB
                                    521KiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
waiting for locks or build slots...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
waiting for locks or build slots...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
\;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
guix substitute: warning: while fetching
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/ngbhwsp5byn5jzhjr57ccpjz9h5lqhpz-bash-minimal-5.1.16-doc:
server is somewhat
slow
guix substitute: warning: try `--no-substitutes' if the problem persists
bash-minimal-5.1.16-doc  300KiB
                                    1.8MiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
libffi-3.4.4-debug  15KiB
                                    101KiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
gcc-toolchain-11.4.0-debug  200B
                                      1KiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
waiting for locks or build slots...
libunistring-1.1-static  408KiB
                                    1.3MiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
make-4.4.1-debug  290KiB
                                    1.9MiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
xz-5.4.5-static  110KiB
                                    661KiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
zstd-1.5.2-lib  353KiB
                                    1.7MiB/s 00:00
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
zstd-1.5.2-static  363KiB
                                     34KiB/s 00:11
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
;;; note: source file /usr/share/guile/site/3.0/gnutls.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /usr/lib64/guile/3.0/site-ccache/gnutls.go
Backtrace:
         18 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/y71spl23rpwbhnnm7przxx9py87j0lqv-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   155:9 17 (_ _)
   159:9 16 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?>
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   152:2 15 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
   152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In guix/store.scm:
 2210:24 13 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>
#<procedure 7fc2787a3a00 at guix/self.scm:1365?> ?)
  2038:8 12 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>)
In guix/gexp.scm:
  300:22 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>)
  1218:2 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>)
  1085:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>)
   926:4  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>)
In guix/store.scm:
 2095:12  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>)
 1437:13  6 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
7fc291b9c0a0> #<procedure 7fc278da76c0 at guix/store.?> ?)
  1433:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99
7fc291b9c0a0> #<procedure 7fc278de8620 at guix/store.?> ?)
 1449:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0>
("/gnu/store/ax9x11621wgj5dkdqhjfy9vaj6knba50-curl-8.6.0?" ?) ?)
 1449:15  3 (loop #f)
  746:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7fc291b9c0a0> _)
In guix/serialization.scm:
  101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
    79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
 1. &nar-error:
     file: #f
     port: #<input-output: file 10>
-guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/y71spl23rpwbhnnm7przxx9py87j0lqv-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"30fdffc4b5605431b28a23b03330e850b2184a76"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "c56505e399834a3f68cf2b6715b42f12ceea217a"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.