Subject: [bug#75027] [PATCH 0/3] 'guix system reconfigure' loads system for kexec reboot

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2024 16:56:14 +0100

Hello Guix,

Following work by Jakob Kirsch adding kexec support in the Shepherd
(the new ‘reboot -k’ option), here’s the Guix side of it: with these
patches, ‘guix system reconfigure’ loads the new system so that one
can run ‘reboot -k’ to quickly reboot into it.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

PS: It took me a while to debug until I realized it was working
    very well: it’s just that I was booting a kernel with “quiet”
    on its command line, so I couldn’t see anything. 🤦

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  syscalls: Add ‘kexec-load-file’.
  system: Export ‘…-initrd-file’ and ‘…-root-file-system’.
  reconfigure: Call ‘kexec-load-file’.

 gnu/system.scm                      |  4 +-
 gnu/tests/reconfigure.scm           | 77 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/build/syscalls.scm             | 54 ++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/scripts/system/reconfigure.scm | 25 ++++++++++
 tests/syscalls.scm                  | 13 +++++
 5 files changed, 172 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 9f53e10235cced7a85697481c859829742b9912c
-- 
2.46.0