Subject: Re: bug#75018: 30.0.93; Dired icon missing in tool-bar

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2024 14:59:06 +0200

> From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2024 17:57:04 -0600
> 
> The following gets all the icons working:
> 
>   dnf install gdk-pixbuf2-modules-extra
> 
> Maybe something to mention PROBLEMS? Feel free to close unless you
> think there anything else to investigate.

I'm okay with having a PROBLEMS entry about this, but I'd be much
happier if I understood some more about the problem.  How does
installing those icons solve the problem?  Is the problem caused by
absence of some icons, and the strange display is just an indication
that the file is missing?

And what, if anything, should we do with the patch you posted a few
messages ago? is it also needed?  If it is not needed after installing
gdk-pixbuf2-modules-extra, then how did that patch solve the problem
without the icons?

IOW, this issue is still some black magic to me, and I'd like the
mystery be lifted.

Thanks.