Subject: bug#7498: 23.2; scheme-mode.el doesn't parse racket file correctly

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 20:46:15 -0800

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> Clément Pit--Claudel <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On 2016-08-12 15:12, Alan Third wrote:
>>> Alexander Haeckel <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>> that appear to break things, because scheme-mode sees that closing curly
>>> bracket as a comment. This syntax looks like it’s Racket specific.
>>
>> I think this isn't written in "core" Racket; it's Scribble, a dialect
>> of Racket that's pretty remote from Scheme. IOW, it's not a trivial
>> fix.
>
> I think since it's not really scheme we can't expect scheme-mode to deal
> with it. It may make more sense to have a separate Racket or Scribble
> mode (based on Scheme mode, I expect).
>
> I'll mark this wishlist anyway in case someone feels like giving it a
> go.

Just to add that racket-mode exists:

    https://www.racket-mode.com/

Of course, it would be useful to have something built-in or in GNU ELPA.
But maybe we could add it to NonGNU ELPA once we get that running.