Subject: bug#74968: closed (Re: bug#74968: 31.0.50; PGTK - Build failure on Master)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 11:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74968: 31.0.50; PGTK - Build failure on Master

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74968: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74968
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74968: 31.0.50; PGTK - Build failure on Master
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 13:23:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 08:05:14 -0300
> From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
> 
> Non PGTK build also fails:
> 
>    CC       xterm.o
> In file included from ../../emacs/src/term.c:30:
> ../../emacs/src/term.c: In function ‘Ftty_frame_restack’:
> ../../emacs/src/term.c:4857:29: warning: function might be candidate for 
> attribute ‘noreturn’ [-Wsuggest-attribute=noreturn]
>   4857 | DEFUN ("tty-frame-restack", Ftty_frame_restack,
>        |                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ../../emacs/src/lisp.h:3490:16: note: in definition of macro ‘DEFUN’
>   3490 |    Lisp_Object fnname
>        |                ^~~~~~
>    CC       xfns.o
>    CC       xselect.o
> ../../emacs/src/xterm.c: In function ‘x_cr_export_frames’:
> ../../emacs/src/xterm.c:6372:13: error: ‘Qredisplay_dont_pause’ 
> undeclared (first use in this function)
>   6372 |   specbind (Qredisplay_dont_pause, Qt);
>        |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ../../emacs/src/xterm.c:6372:13: note: each undeclared identifier is 
> reported only once for each function it appears in
> ../../emacs/src/xfns.c: In function ‘Fx_print_frames_dialog’:
> ../../emacs/src/xfns.c:9967:13: error: ‘Qredisplay_dont_pause’ 
> undeclared (first use in this function)
>   9967 |   specbind (Qredisplay_dont_pause, Qt);
>        |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ../../emacs/src/xfns.c:9967:13: note: each undeclared identifier is 
> reported only once for each function it appears in
> make[3]: *** [Makefile:457: xfns.o] Error 1

Thanks, should be fixed now.

Subject: 31.0.50; PGTK - Build failure on Master
From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 07:53:09 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs fails to build on master with PGTK enabled:

CC       pgtkim.o
../../emacs/src/pgtkfns.c: In function ‘Fpgtk_print_frames_dialog’:
../../emacs/src/pgtkfns.c:3672:13: error: ‘Qredisplay_dont_pause’ 
undeclared (first use in this function)
  3672 |   specbind (Qredisplay_dont_pause, Qt);
       |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../emacs/src/pgtkfns.c:3672:13: note: each undeclared identifier is 
reported only once for each function it appears in
   CC       xsettings.o
make[3]: *** [Makefile:457: pgtkfns.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
../../emacs/src/pgtkterm.c: In function ‘pgtk_cr_export_frames’:
../../emacs/src/pgtkterm.c:7635:13: error: ‘Qredisplay_dont_pause’ 
undeclared (first use in this function)
  7635 |   specbind (Qredisplay_dont_pause, Qt);
       |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../emacs/src/pgtkterm.c:7635:13: note: each undeclared identifier is 
reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [Makefile:457: pgtkterm.o] Error 1

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2) of 2024-12-12 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 2e2c41fdcda7240c63e906ef0039dcf5a35d82f2
Repository branch: scratch/igc
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --with-mps=yes --with-pgtk --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_TIME: C
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   dimmer-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   vertico-multiform-mode: t
   vertico-mode: t
   global-completion-preview-mode: t
   completion-preview-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.1.0/theme-loaddefs
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20241217.823/transient hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs-igc/lisp/transient
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs-igc/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr thingatpt emacsbug orderless project gnus-async
qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic hl-line cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh
nnmaildir epa-file network-stream nsm nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time
iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit pulse
dimmer face-remap color doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring time-date comp comp-cstr cl-extra help-mode warnings comp-run
comp-common shrink-path f s dash nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces
nerd-icons-data nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon
nerd-icons-data-codicon nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon
nerd-icons-data-wicon nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline
nerd-icons-data-octicon nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon
savehist vertico-posframe posframe vertico-multiform vertico easy-mmode
completion-preview init gptel-gemini gptel gptel-openai
text-property-search url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars mailcap compat
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rx kdl-mode elec-pair fontaine g3r-dark-theme info
ace-window-autoloads autothemer-autoloads avy-autoloads cape-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads consult-dir-autoloads
current-window-only-autoloads debbugs-autoloads dimmer-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads doom-themes-autoloads easy-kill-autoloads
eat-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads fish-mode-autoloads fontaine-autoloads
gptel-autoloads hima-theme-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads hact set hhist
i3wm-config-mode-autoloads kdl-mode-autoloads kkp-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads miasma-theme-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads ninja-mode-autoloads
notink-theme-autoloads odin-mode-autoloads orderless-autoloads
org-modern-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads ryo-modal-autoloads
show-font-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads
s-autoloads spacious-padding-autoloads speedrect-autoloads
standard-themes-autoloads transient-posframe-autoloads
transient-autoloads unspecified-theme-autoloads most-faces-autoloads
vertico-posframe-autoloads vertico-autoloads posframe-autoloads
visible-mark-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads xah-fly-keys-autoloads yuck-mode-autoloads
zenburn-theme-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads early-init rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile mps emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 24 0 0) (symbols 56 0 0) (strings 40 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0)
  (vectors 24 0) (vector-slots 8 0 0) (floats 24 0 0)
  (intervals 64 0 0) (buffers 1000 0))

-- 
German Pacenza