Subject: bug#74966: closed (Re: bug#74966: 31.0.50; Crash report (using igc on macOS))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2025 12:48:03 +0000

Your bug report

#74966: 31.0.50; Crash report (using igc on macOS)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74966: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74966
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74966: 31.0.50; Crash report (using igc on macOS)
From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
To: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2025 12:47:19 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Andrea Corallo" <[email-masked]> writes:

> LGTM thanks

Pushed (after confirming it correctly handles "SKIP" string now), and
closing.

Pip

Subject: 31.0.50; Crash report (using igc on macOS)
From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 18:17:51 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi folks,

I was using Emacs and encountered a crash.

I am running on macOS, and I built Emacs from scratch/igc using the
instructions on that branch.

I didn’t have Emacs running under a debugger, but I do have some crash
information captured by macOS. (See attached.)

At the time, I was trying to use apropos-documentation. I invoked the
command once, entered a string, and hit RET, and it signaled an error. I
tried to do this again and Emacs crashed.

I hope this is useful. Please let me know if there’s any other
information I can collect.

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.2.0, NS
appkit-2575.30 Version 15.2 (Build 24C101)) of 2024-12-17 built on
beatrix.local
Repository revision: 51f028396c1d933f89b3f4a554ece7594d0f7c48
Repository branch: scratch/igc
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2575
System Description:  macOS 15.2

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns --with-modules --with-native-compilation
--with-libgmp --with-tree-sitter --with-sqlite3 --with-mps=yes
--without-imagemagick --without-dbus CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/include
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/lib
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/homebrew/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  flymake-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  kill-ring-deindent-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  mood-line-mode: t
  puni-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-4.1.1/magit-autorevert hides /Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-4.1.1/magit-autorevert
/Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.8.0/theme-loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/Users/spd/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.7.7/transient hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort visual-fill-column mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils orderless comp-run comp-common
rx mood-line-segment-checker time-date checkdoc lisp-mnt help-mode
flymake project compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color
warnings ffap url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache url-vars recentf tree-widget elec-pair anzu advice
thingatpt marginalia vertico compat savehist indent-aux pixel-scroll
cua-base ring mood-line ef-winter-theme ef-themes exec-path-from-shell
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile info anzu-autoloads
cape-autoloads company-autoloads denote-autoloads eat-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
git-auto-commit-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
mood-line-autoloads orderless-autoloads puni-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads symbol-overlay-autoloads
transient-autoloads vertico-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
vundo-autoloads wgrep-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
ws-butler-autoloads spd-autoloads cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile mps emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 24 0 0) (symbols 56 0 0) (strings 40 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0) (vectors 24 0)
(vector-slots 8 0 0) (floats 24 0 0) (intervals 64 0 0) (buffers 1000 0))