Subject: bug#74966: 31.0.50; Crash report (using igc on macOS)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2024 09:09:27 +0200

> From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2024 22:07:10 +0100
> 
> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I agree that the docfile hack in general is very hairy territory.  It
> > might be safer to simply accept the wrong docstrings for now, and Gerd's
> > patch does that, IIUC.  
> 
> Yes it does that. With the patch one gets the doc string as written in
> in the .el file. AFAICS, ns-win, haiku-win, and pc-win use "SKIP:..."
> doc strings.

Thanks, let's wait for Andrea and Stefan to chime in.  These "SKIP"
thingies used to work when we introduced them, so if they don't work
now, we need to understand why.