Subject: bug#74965: [PATCH] Document representation of dates in calendar.el

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2024 23:48:14 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > There are some modes which could have more documentation on internal
  > functions to explain better what they are doing such as in Gnus.

Yes, that is crucial for clear code.

But what we really want, to make a program easy to read and
understand, goes beyond that.  It should have an introduction which
explains the parts of the program, and how they relate in terms of
jobs they do, and what the entry points are for each part.

Patr of this is explicitly dividng the program into parts
and starting each part with a comment saying what that part does
and how to use it.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)