Subject: bug#7494: 24.0.50; Why is `prefix-region' in a library by itself?

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 08:11:01 -0800

> > You are certainly very quick when it doesn't count. ;-)
> 
> It's unfair to post such comments.

You are silly to jump on such a comment (with a kidding smily yet!) as if it
were a nasty complaint or criticism.  For the record, I do not consider Stefan
to act quickly only on bug reports that are unimportant.

> The time it takes to respond to a bug report depends on any number of
> factors, including (but not limited to) the maintainer's understanding
> of the Emacs area where the bug happens, the time it takes to
> reproduce the problem, the amount of free time (holidays etc.), you
> name it.  In this case, I'm guessing that it took about a few seconds
> to find out that there's no such code anywhere in Emacs.

And I, for my part, would have closed the mistaken report sooner than within 6
minutes, if I had had a bug number to close.

As soon as I posted the bug report I realized my mistake, but I had to wait
until the bug showed up at http://debbugs.gnu.org/ to get the number. I
specifically went to that site instead of waiting for the confirmation mail with
the bug number (which takes even longer), in order to shorten the time before
closing.  IOW, I closed the bug as quickly as I knew how.