Subject: 23.2; cl loop over the windows: infinite loop, info doc

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:38:16 +0100

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2010-08-14 on raven, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gconf' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Hello,

if you evaluate the following sexp in Emacs -Q, you get an infinitive
loop:

(progn
  (require 'cl)
  (select-window (minibuffer-window))
  (loop for win being the windows do 'nothing))

This should be fixed.

Moreover, the "CL" info manual should be clarified here:
  (cl)Top > Control Structure > Loop Facility > For Clauses

For looping over "the windows", it only says:

`for VAR being the windows [of FRAME]'
     This clause iterates over the windows (in the Emacs sense) of the
     current frame, or of the specified FRAME.

It's not clear if/when the minibuffer window is included and in which
order the iteration is done.