Subject: bug#74907: 31.0.50; nsm-check-local-subnet-ipv4 test fails on macOS with VPN enabled

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 08:11:36 -0500

Good catch. Bug could be either or both Apple or vendor +/- the VPN
implementation and if it also uses Network Extension Framework filters or
whatever. The BSD-derived source code in question in netinet hasn't really
changed appreciably in ages. Could also be an implied "6to4" bridge that
the VPN sets up that screws things up. With the VPN running, go go System
Preferences...Network...and you should be able to visually identify if
there's a virtual "port" or relay.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2024 at 7:57 AM Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >>>>> On Tue, 17 Dec 2024 12:45:26 +0000, Stefan Kangas <
> [email-masked]> said:
>
>     Stefan> Thanks, that fixes the issue.  Tested with and without VPN on
> macOS.
>
> Please let me know the name of the VPN client so that I can write a
> suitably scathing commit message (although itʼs possible this is
> macOSʼ fault).
>
> Robert
> --
>