Subject: Re: bug#74903: [PATCH] Add function to show table of keys when describing keymap variable

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 17:57:14 +0200

> From: Mekeor Melire <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2024 23:14:15 +0000
> 
> It'd be nice if users could opt in to have C-h v some-map RET show a
> nice table of key bindings for that keymap.  I wrote a function that can
> be added to help-fns-describe-variable-functions so that this happens.
> 
> What do you think?
> 
> Alternatively, we can also add a key binding to help-mode so that users
> can easily "switch" from describe-variable to describe-keymap, e.g. per
> "K":
> 
> 	C-h v message-mode-map RET K

We have "C-h b" and "C-h m" which show the bindings, albeit not by
keymap.  Is that not enough for some reason?

Adding yet another help command related to key bindings needs to be
justified, since we already have at least two with overlapping
functionalities.

What do others think about this?