Subject: 29.4; Emacs not responding when calling python-fix-imports

From: Keglo Stephane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2024 02:52:53 +0000

when writting a python code with a missing import, using
`python-fix-imports' make emacs not responding.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-10-10 built on
 4825182c94fc4195b65c80c30f523a16
System Description: Fedora Linux 41 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --runstatedir=/run
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-gif
 --with-gpm=no --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg --with-json --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-pgtk --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-sqlite3 --with-tiff --with-tree-sitter --with-webp --with-xpm
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -mtls-dialect=gnu2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,-z,now
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -Wl,--build-id=sha1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-package-notes '
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig CXX=g++
 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g
 -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -mtls-dialect=gnu2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  eglot--managed-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  global-treesit-auto-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/kstephane/.emacs.d/elpa/jsonrpc-1.0.25/jsonrpc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/kstephane/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-1.17/eglot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/progmodes/eglot
/home/kstephane/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.15.0/eldoc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug jka-compr shortdoc dabbrev cape-keyword
cape pyimport s pyimport-autoloads dash bug-reference dash-autoloads
s-autoloads loaddefs-gen lisp-mnt tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode
mm-archive message sendmail yank-media dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls
network-stream url-cache url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny help-fns
radix-tree cl-print pulse eglot external-completion jsonrpc xref
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt diff diff-mode ert ewoc debug backtrace
find-func compile imenu pyvenv-auto pyvenv eshell esh-cmd generator
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
files-x python pcase comint ansi-osc ring ansi-color time-date mule-util
project consult bookmark text-property-search pp comp comp-cstr warnings
icons rx treesit-auto treesit corfu-popupinfo corfu edmacro kmacro
orderless marginalia vertico compat compat-30 try dracula-theme
solarized-light-theme solarized-theme solarized solarized-faces color
flatui-theme monokai-theme cl-extra help-mode elec-pair recentf
tree-widget wid-edit autorevert filenotify hl-line saveplace
display-line-numbers savehist use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf cape-autoloads consult-autoloads
corfu-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads eglot-autoloads eldoc-autoloads
flatui-theme-autoloads ivy-autoloads jsonrpc-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads monokai-theme-autoloads orderless-autoloads
pyvenv-auto-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads solarized-theme-autoloads
treesit-auto-autoloads try-autoloads vertico-autoloads info
compat-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 683304 127932)
 (symbols 48 26561 1)
 (strings 32 181120 4632)
 (string-bytes 1 5152913)
 (vectors 16 50296)
 (vector-slots 8 913218 108362)
 (floats 8 406 386)
 (intervals 56 1752 816)
 (buffers 984 33))