Subject: Re: bug#74894: 29.4; Emacs not responding when calling python-fix-imports

From: kobarity <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2024 00:16:53 +0900

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2024 02:52:53 +0000
> > From: Keglo Stephane <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > when writting a python code with a missing import, using
> > `python-fix-imports' make emacs not responding.
> 
> Thanks.  Could you please show a simple recipe for reproducing this?
> 
> kobarity, any comments or suggestions?

I have not been able to reproduce this so far, but I have found that
if the file is large, say 10000 lines, it takes a few seconds.

The other problem I found is that if I run `python-fix-imports'
without saving the buffer, I get the following error:

python exited with status 1

This occurs because isort cannot read the lock file (symbolic link)
such as ".#foo.py", which is created before the modified buffer is
saved.  Although I don't think this has anything to do with the
non-response issue.