Subject: [bug#74889] [PATCH] doc: Document use of setuptools with pyproject-build-system.

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2024 09:51:12 -0800

Add documentation for required native-inputs for building setup.py-based
Python projects with pyproject-build-system.  Remove mention of 2024, since
there are only two weeks left.

* dox/guix.texi (Build Systems): Document use of setuptools with
pyproject-build-system.

Change-Id: Ia5cba05033d84b808419456d8da09ff87bec3bb8
---
 doc/guix.texi | 6 +++++-
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 3d501a08c9..cd80104eb4 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -9950,9 +9950,13 @@ It is considered ``experimental'' in that the implementation details are
 not set in stone yet, however users are encouraged to try it for new
 Python projects (even those using @file{setup.py}).  The API is subject to
 change, but any breaking changes in the Guix channel will be dealt with.
+Building @file{setup.py}-based Python projects requires adding the
+@code{python-setuptools} and @code{python-wheel} (from the
+@code{(gnu packages python-build)} module) packages to the package’s
+@code{native-inputs}.
 
 Eventually this build system will be deprecated and merged back into
-@var{python-build-system}, probably some time in 2024.
+@var{python-build-system}.
 @end defvar
 
 @defvar perl-build-system
-- 
2.46.0