Subject: bug#74879: 30.0.92; trusted-content-p and trusted-files cannot be used for non-file buffers

From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 13:39:25 +0100

Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your work on this mitigation!
>
> Stefan Monnier writes:
>
>> [ BTW, I just renamed the var to `trusted-content`.  ]
>
> Note that now we have both trusted-content and untrusted-content, both
> security-related but with somewhat different meanings...  It might be
> worth consolidating the two somehow to avoid confusion.

Sorry, I now realize that they are already consolidated in the sense
trusted-content-p considers both variables.  org-latex-preview in org.el
still checks for untrusted-content directly though, I wonder if it'd
make sense for it to check for trusted-content-p instead.

Eshel