Subject: bug#74879: 30.0.92; trusted-content-p and trusted-files cannot be used for non-file buffers

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2025 23:42:19 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I saw just now the Jan 17 message in which you said this.

  > I think "trusted-code" would be a misnomer, since nowadays stuff that
  > can cause Emacs to execute arbitrary code can come from a source that
  > is not code at all.  A notable example that comes to mind is Org
  > formatted text.  Many people will not consider that to be "code".

If that happens, what is the scenario that leads to it?  What text
would be in the Org file (call that file O), and how would that text
cause some macros to be evaluated?  What files would the macros be
defined in, and how would O relate to them?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)