Subject: Re: bug#74879: 30.0.92; trusted-content-p and trusted-files cannot be used for non-file buffers

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 16:04:26 -0800

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>> org-latex-preview in org.el still checks for untrusted-content
>>>> directly though, I wonder if it'd make sense for it to check for
>>>> trusted-content-p instead.
>>>
>>> I can't remember the details of the `org-latex-preview` situation, so
>>> I'll say tentatively "probably".
>>
>> Ihor, WDYT?
>
> I am happy to use whatever you decide to be the API.
> For a moment, I am not sure if the API is final. For example,
> `trusted-content-p' is not defined on master.

Thanks.

AFAIU, the API on emacs-30 is now final for Emacs 30, and can be relied
on for that release.  It's just waiting to be merged to master.

We could/should continue to improve the API on master, but whatever
changes we make there will obviously have to take care to maintain a
reasonable level of backwards-compatibility.