Subject: bug#7487: 24.0.50; Gnus nnimap broken

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 08:42:29 +0900

Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]> writes:

> Personally I don't like this kind of multiple-candidate question in the
> mini-buffer :-) Maybe we could reuse the prefix argument (as `C-u M-x
> epa-sign-region') to control whether the key selection UI is shown, or
> simplify the key selection dialog by hiding the public key list by
> default, with say `visibility' widget.

Hmm, I recalled that why we currently don't use the prefix argument
there: epa-file-write-region() may be implicitly called from other
interactive commands like save-buffer, write-file, etc. where the prefix
argument has different meanings.

So my current suggestion is:

1. add epa-file-encrypt-to hack to auth-source.el, and
2. extend epa-file-select-keys (not epa-file-encrypt-to) so that it can
   have 'ask or 'always or 'quiet, etc., and
3. simplify the key selection UI by hiding public key list

where 1 may look unnecessary once 2 is done, but it would be better to
do both 1 and 2, as long as Gnus supports older versions of Emacs.

What do you think?  Other ideas are welcome of course :-)

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno