Subject: bug#7487: 24.0.50; Gnus nnimap broken

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:05:22 +0900

Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> I agree.  The user may not even know the implications of symmetric
> encryption.  So IMHO this should be an external option (maybe requested
> by setting `epa-file-encrypt-to' to 'ask if it's nil) which would change
> the current key selection UI as follows (this is a refinement of my
> previous UI proposal):

Sorry, I don't want to extend `epa-file-encrypt-to' to a global variable
to accept the value such as 'ask.  It purely intends to be used in
"Local variables:" section of the file.

Perhaps you may think my previous patch is too large (and as you usually
complains there is a code duplication between netrc.el and
auth-source.el)?  I don't think so since there is only a few packages
(auth-source.el and anything else?) will benefit from the simplicity.

> So this inconveniences users at least once, but gives them a chance to
> understand what's going on, and with `P' will not be asked again.  What
> do you think?

Personally I don't like this kind of multiple-candidate question in the
mini-buffer :-) Maybe we could reuse the prefix argument (as `C-u M-x
epa-sign-region') to control whether the key selection UI is shown, or
simplify the key selection dialog by hiding the public key list by
default, with say `visibility' widget.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno