Subject: Re: bug#74833: 31.0.50; Copy to OS clipboard doesn't work in macOS Terminal.app with xterm-mouse-mode enabled

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 23:25:22 +0300

On 16/12/2024 20:53 +0100, Gerd Möllmann wrote:

> Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> I think it's best if we simply agree to disagree.
>>
>> I don't think we disagree much, I see the value of xterm-mouse-mode
>> (although I like "just text" on tty, no menus etc.), the only thing
>> which concerns me (and is the reason for this bug) are "half-broken"
>> defaults.  
>   
> I disagree completely :-). I don't see "half-broken" defaults.

What is the default value of "Allow mouse reporting" if you open a new
Terminal.app tab?  If it's ticked, like here, then you see them :-)
Because then you get by default that half-way setup which I'm
complaining about.

>> We're discussing whether to disable xterm-mouse-mode only in
>> Terminal.app, not everywhere.
>
> I don't think it's proven that only Terminal.app behaves the way it
> does. At least iTerm can be configured in a way that it behaves almost
> the same. And Alacritty as well.

Terminal.app is the default terminal on macOS, so it's a bit more
important in this context than others, I think.  And we're talking about
what Terminal.app does by default.