Subject: Re: bug#74833: 31.0.50; Copy to OS clipboard doesn't work in macOS Terminal.app with xterm-mouse-mode enabled

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 20:53:25 +0100

Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I think it's best if we simply agree to disagree.
>
> I don't think we disagree much, I see the value of xterm-mouse-mode
> (although I like "just text" on tty, no menus etc.), the only thing
> which concerns me (and is the reason for this bug) are "half-broken"
> defaults.  
  
I disagree completely :-). I don't see "half-broken" defaults.

> We're discussing whether to disable xterm-mouse-mode only in
> Terminal.app, not everywhere.

I don't think it's proven that only Terminal.app behaves the way it
does. At least iTerm can be configured in a way that it behaves almost
the same. And Alacritty as well.

Without seeing Command-C in Emacs, and then doing something to bring
Emacs' selection to the pasteboard, it's pretty difficult for a terminal
emulator to know what's going on in the app. It would have to be a
clairvoyant.