Subject: bug#74828: closed (Re: bug#74828: ELPA release note summary strips one line)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 17:04:03 +0000

Your bug report

#74828: ELPA release note summary strips one line

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74828: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74828
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74828: ELPA release note summary strips one line
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 18:02:34 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> ELPA sends a note when a new package version is released.  IIUC, the
>>> "Summary" part in this note is gathered from the ";;; Commentary:"
>>> section of the file where the version is bumped.
>>>
>>> I have the impression that one line is left out when the "Summary" is
>>> generated.  See for example:
>
> Yup, sure enough.
> I believe I have fixed it with the patch below.

Thanks for the change.  I trust your patch works, so I'm closing this
report.  I will have an eye on this with next AUCTeX release; I will
re-open the report if necessary.

Best, Arash

Subject: ELPA release note summary strips one line
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: "emacs-bugs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2024 14:05:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

ELPA sends a note when a new package version is released.  IIUC, the
"Summary" part in this note is gathered from the ";;; Commentary:"
section of the file where the version is bumped.

I have the impression that one line is left out when the "Summary" is
generated.  See for example:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2024-06/msg00036.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2024-10/msg00003.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2024-12/msg00002.html

Best, Arash