Subject: bug#74826: 30.0.50; project-buffers not consistent with project-files

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2024 13:11:43 +0100

On a git repo there are several projects.
`project-vc-extra-root-markers` is used to differentiate them.

(setopt project-vc-extra-root-markers (list "client.lp0" "pubspec.yaml"))

Although there are no submodules for now, I also have this setting:

(setopt project-vc-merge-submodules nil)

Evaluating the following expression while on a buffer that is visiting
any given file of those projects:

(project-files (project-current))

gives the list of files of the project.

However, evaluating this fails:

(project-buffers (project-current))

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Opening input file" "No such file or directory" "/home/oscar/monorepo/someproject/.git")
  project--submodule-p("/home/oscar/monorepo/someproject/")
  #f(compiled-function (project) #<bytecode -0xe20f95fe346e0b1>)((vc Git "~/monorepo/someproject"))
  apply(#f(compiled-function (project) #<bytecode -0xe20f95fe346e0b1>) (vc Git "~/monorepo/someproject/") nil)
  project-buffers((vc Git "~/dev/monorepo/someproject/"))
  eval((project-buffers (project-current)) t)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x13a6ef3a773a9dca>)()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x5db149955cb81d1>)()
  eval-expression((project-buffers (project-current)) nil nil 127)
  funcall-interactively(eval-expression (project-buffers (project-current)) nil nil 127)
  command-execute(eval-expression)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.2) of 2024-11-03 built on sky
Repository revision: 24b7bf2746fd7bf097e04c5b9363cab197edbc7c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101014
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-tree-sitter
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-modules
 --without-imagemagick'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  window-highlight-mode: t
  fancy-compilation-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  pulsar-global-mode: t
  pulsar-mode: t
  evil-owl-mode: t
  evil-paredit-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  key-chord-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/oscar/elisp/singles/flx hides /home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/flx-20240205.356/flx
/home/oscar/elisp/magit/lisp/magit-section hides /home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-section-20241206.2214/magit-section
/home/oscar/elisp/singles/avy hides /home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/avy-20241101.1357/avy
/home/oscar/elisp/singles/transient hides /home/oscar/dev/emacs/stable/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/oscar/dev/emacs/stable/emacs/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug consult vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view vc gnus-draft canlock dabbrev goto-addr bug-reference mailalias
ispell company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev help-fns radix-tree misearch
multi-isearch oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi shr-color vertico-directory mule-util
fussy vertico-grid flow-fill mm-archive sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml pop3 nndraft nnmh nnml
nnfolder network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls
dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo dkim smtpmail gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range window-highlight
nord-theme meteo-radar flycheck lp0-ts-mode lp0-mode symbol-overlay
company-ctags find-file company-fuzzy ht company aggressive-indent deft
org-noter org-element org-persist xdg org-id avl-tree org-protocol
org-capture org-refile org-crypt etags-select etags fileloop generator
xref fancy-compilation ffap orgit org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs magit-bookmark
git-rebase magit-extras magit-sparse-checkout magit-gitignore
magit-ediff ediff magit-subtree magit-patch magit-submodule magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete magit-mode transient magit-git
files-x magit-base which-func vc-git vc-dispatcher magit-section
benchmark cursor-sensor pulsar pulse color evil-textobj-tree-sitter-core
treesit evil-owl buffer-flip evil-paredit evil-anzu evil
evil-keybindings evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-digraphs
reveal evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common rect evil-vars
mini-echo mini-echo-segments hide-mode-line face-remap wgrep grep ag
vc-svn find-dired s dash pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit cus-load
pdf-view bookmark jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util format-spec
pdf-macs image-mode exif preview reporter desktop frameset latex
latex-flymake flymake project tex-ispell tex-style tex dbus compile
comint ansi-osc ansi-color xml crm texmathp auctex key-chord comp
comp-cstr warnings comp-run comp-common cmake-mode paredit-menu paredit
edmacro kmacro server yasnippet lisp-mnt cl-extra help-mode psvn
wid-edit log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log diff-mode track-changes pp elp ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired
dired-loaddefs display-fill-column-indicator vertico-multiform
marginalia vertico flx-rs-core flx-rs flx goto-chg avy rx ring
highlight-parentheses ws-butler which-key diminish cl anzu easy-mmode
thingatpt tmr pcase compat solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
finder-inf advice disp-table auctex-autoloads tex-site
casual-calc-autoloads casual-lib-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads company-posframe-autoloads
company-autoloads consult-ag-autoloads consult-flycheck-autoloads
consult-lsp-autoloads consult-org-roam-autoloads
consult-project-extra-autoloads consult-todo-autoloads
deadgrep-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads
consult-autoloads embark-autoloads evil-textobj-tree-sitter-autoloads
flutter-autoloads flycheck-autoloads fussy-autoloads flx-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads hotfuzz-autoloads hyperstitional-themes-autoloads
lsp-dart-autoloads dart-mode-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads bui-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads f-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads org-roam-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads pomm-autoloads alert-autoloads
log4e-autoloads gntp-autoloads shackle-autoloads spinner-autoloads
symbol-overlay-autoloads tablist-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads
lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads
s-autoloads info dash-autoloads vertico-autoloads vundo-autoloads
wgrep-ag-autoloads wgrep-deadgrep-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
yaml-autoloads yeetube-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1245605 487683) (symbols 48 68946 4)
 (strings 32 269260 9616) (string-bytes 1 8356641) (vectors 16 110936)
 (vector-slots 8 2060286 250156) (floats 8 1086 7559)
 (intervals 56 7438 962) (buffers 992 42))