Subject: bug#7482: 24.0.50; binhex doc

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:58:57 -0800

Library binhex.el is woefully inadequate as regards doc.  Nothing is
described/explained, starting with what "binhex" is.  Please provide
some description, at least in the doc strings and file commentary, and
perhaps in the manual if appropriate.

The _most_ explanation that exists for this library is this
acknowledgement in the Emacs manual:

 Shenghuo Zhu wrote `binhex.el', a package for reading and writing
 binhex files.

There needs to be some description somewhere of what a binhex file is
and of what you can do with this library's functions.

At least one or two lines (e.g. inspired from wikipedia), please.
Mention that it is (was?) for Mac OS and that it is similar to
Uuencode.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-11-22 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'