Subject: Re: [bug#74818] [PATCH] gnu: cl-nodgui: Update to 0.7.2.0-2.9a1b2c6.

From: cage <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 16:17:28 +0100

On 17/12/24 11:50, Guillaume Le Vaillant wrote:

 > Hi.

Hi, thanks for reviewing this patch!

 > Why did you replace the 'fix-paths' phase by propagated inputs?
 > We usually try to avoid propagating inputs if possible as it can
 > create conflicts in profiles.

I was not aware of this issue, sorry! This version of the library, at 
runtime, tries to guess the path of a valid wish executable and, then, 
starts a process executing said executable, communicating with the 
parent process via a pipe. The `fix-path' is no more applicable as it 
assumes that the path to wish is hardcoded in the source code, which is 
not true, starting from this version of the library. Moreover leaving 
the `tk' dependency to `inputs' makes the library unable to guess a path 
for wish,  leading to a crash at runtime. My changes seems to make the 
library works as intended but I am very open to suggestions if a better 
solution exists.

Bye!
C.