Subject: bug#74805: 30.0.92; Trying to build scratch/igc on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2024 11:56:30 -0500

On 12/21/2024 2:24 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2024 18:48:37 -0500
>> Cc: [email-masked], Richard Brooksby <[email-masked]>
>> From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
>> 3. The "mmap" branch is a straightforward port, mostly imitating the
>> FreeBSD port.  It currently (with Cygwin 3.5.5) fails because of a
>> limitation of Cygwin's mmap.  But I have a simple patch to Cygwin in the
>> works that removes that limitation.  With that patch, 37 of the 38 MPS
>> tests pass.  I still need to debug the failing test.  I'm cautiously
>> optimistic that I can get this approach to work.  Either way, I expect
>> the Cygwin patch to soon be available in a test release of Cygwin 3.6.0
>> so that other Cygwin users can try it.
> 
> Thanks for the update, I think this is very good news.

I could use some help from the MPS experts in debugging the failing 
test, which is arenacv.  I ran the test under strace and didn't see any 
mmap or munmap failures.  I'm attaching the test log, which doesn't mean 
a thing to me.  I also built an unoptimized arenacv and can run it under 
gdb if someone tells me what to look for.

TIA.

Ken