Subject: bug#74805: 30.0.92; Trying to build scratch/igc on Cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2024 08:09:07 +0200

> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 17:50:40 -0500
> From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
> 
> I've made a first attempt to port mps to Cygwin.  If anyone else is
> interested in seeing this or helping, you can find my work at
> 
>    https://github.com/kbrow1i/mps-cygwin
> 
> This is a fork of the mps git repo with two commits on top.

Thanks, good news!  Could you please post the patches here, so that
they are recorded in our bug tracker?

> With the current attempt, I can build the scratch/igc branch, but there
> are many test failures.  For example, when I run the process-tests, I
> get 19 failures and 8 skipped tests.  But on the master branch I get no
> failures and only 3 skipped.
> 
> This probably means that my current attempt to port mps is no good, and
> I have to go back to the drawing board.

Did you run the MPS test suite, and if you did, were there any
failures?  My suggestion is to make sure the MPS test suite passes
cleanly, including in several consecutive runs (when I ported MPS to
32-bit MinGW, I had intermittent failures which only happened once in
several runs, until I fixed that).