Subject: bug#74805: closed (Re: bug#74805: 30.0.92; Trying to build scratch/igc on Cygwin)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2025 23:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74805: 30.0.92; Trying to build scratch/igc on Cygwin

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74805: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74805
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74805: 30.0.92; Trying to build scratch/igc on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Richard Brooksby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2025 18:27:44 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing.

Subject: 30.0.92; Trying to build scratch/igc on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 17:50:40 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've made a first attempt to port mps to Cygwin.  If anyone else is
interested in seeing this or helping, you can find my work at

   https://github.com/kbrow1i/mps-cygwin

This is a fork of the mps git repo with two commits on top.

With the current attempt, I can build the scratch/igc branch, but there
are many test failures.  For example, when I run the process-tests, I
get 19 failures and 8 skipped tests.  But on the master branch I get no
failures and only 3 skipped.

This probably means that my current attempt to port mps is no good, and
I have to go back to the drawing board.  Before I do that, however, I'd
like to check and see if test failures on scratch/igc are to be
expected.  Are people testing other platforms seeing this too?

Thanks.

Ken