Subject: [bug#74801] [PATCH v2] gnu: home: services: Add home-mpv-service-type.

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2025 16:35:51 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:

> I would also suggest to keep auto-generated schemas and docs in separate
> files, so they can be easily re-generated without copy-pasting or other
> manual interventions.

Do not worry, I am a lazy creature, so the updater script takes care of
that for you:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ./generate-mpv-configuration 0.39 src/guix/gnu/home/services/mpv.scm
* Will update to version 0.39
* Will update file src/guix/gnu/home/services/mpv.scm
Indenting region...
Indenting region...done
Mark set
* Done.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This takes care of updating both the mpv.scm file and the list of the
options in the manual.  No copy&pasting or manual interventions
required.  All you need to do is commit the result and send the patch.

Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.