Subject: bug#7480: 24.0.50 no images in Custom

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:46:00 +0000

On 20/12/10 14:59, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Jonas Bernoulli<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> Meeeh, sorry: this should have read:
>>
>> 1. emacs -Q
>> 2. M-x customize-group RET editing RET
>> 3. M-: widget-image-enable RET
>> ->  t
>
> And?  I am looking at a *Customize Group: Editing* buffer, and nothing
> seems to be out of the ordinary.  Please describe what you expected to
> see, and what you see instead.

... Certainly looks a bit strange to me (X11 Emacs, Gtk+, r102694).

"Show Value" is just text with little in the way of affordances 
indicating clickability (though middle click still works on it and the 
pointer changes, it doesn't look like either a button or hyperlink).

While the change may have been a deliberate tidy-up, IMO "Show Value" 
should at least be made visibly a button widget.  Right now, it
just sorta runs into the actual setting.

Older emacs had a small (but obviously clickable) visibility triangle 
button (see attached screenshots) to expand/contract (and of course you 
could also read the value of various simple settings without expanding)