Subject: Re: linux-libre 6.11.11 fails to build on aarch64 (drivers/clk/meson/gxbb.c)

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2024 22:21:05 -0800

On 2024-12-14, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2024 at 10:36:27AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>> linux-libre 6.11.11 fails to build on aarch64, while 6.11.10 built
>> fine.
>
> What commit of Guix does it happen with?
>
> Also, what's the derivation that fails to build? Do you know the name of
> the store item of the seemingly corrupted tarball?

Well, it only hgappened once, and with the same commit, it successfully
regenerated the tarball and everything was fine...

FWIW, the guix pull'ed commits where it happened were:

68d3c1adcb4d2667ad053aacf5b2ab6602377475
6f8c8a86d827627f503a803381bce7fbcf8f39a0

I cannot remember off the top of my head weather it was the upstream
tarball or:

/gnu/store/3aawi9saa92n35kknxv1m97lhjkx7j8g-linux-libre-6.11.11-guix.tar.zst

But I removed the tarballs with 'guix gc' and then everything was fine
on the next tries after it redownloaded and regenerated the new
tarballs. So, I daresay I have destroyed the evidence...

If i happens again, I can do more research.

live well,
  vagrant