Subject: [email-masked] breaks offloading

From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 12:55:10 +0000

Hello,

Today I reconfigured my system and after a reboot offloading no longer 
works.

When i try to build something that could be offloaded it instead tries 
to build it locally instead and fails with

unsupported-platform
while setting up the build environment: a `*' is required to build `*', 
but I am a `*'

However 'guix offload test' is still succeeding

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
sudo guix offload test

guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in 
'/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
guix offload: Guix is usable on '*' (test returned "/gnu/store/*-test")
guix offload: '*' is running GNU Guile 3.0.9
guix offload: sending 1 store item (0 MiB) to '*'...
exporting path `/gnu/store/*-export-test'
guix offload: '*' successfully imported '/gnu/store/*-export-test'
retrieving 1 store item from '*'...
guix offload: successfully imported '/gnu/store/*-import-test' from '*'

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I tracked this down to the guile-ssh update in 
da3c8a963f83c044568d99921480259eaa26a923

Reverting that restores offloading for me.

This might also be the cause for the 'guix deploy' error described in 
https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2024-12-11.log#033439