Subject: bug#74785: 27.1; Fill-paragraph in RST mode does not respect line blocks

From: Stefan Merten <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2025 13:26:46 +0100

Hi Eli,

Yesterday Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Ping! Stefan Merten, did you have time to have another look?

yes I had. As I expected things are a bit more complicated. After all
I added a unit test already for this feature.

Indeed I have a big test suite for the mode. It found a bug introduced
by a change in the Emacs core components. This bug I fixed already :-) .

BTW: I'd consider this topic here not a bug. Indeed there are a couple
of features in reStructuredText which are not yet supported - for
instance support for tables. If you consider this a bug, then rst.el
is full of bugs. However, I think reStructuredText features like
tables are more or less impossible to support in an Emacs mode.

Thus I'd consider this a feature request. Frankly I can't see the
rationale in implementing *this* feature just because someone is
yelling...

						Grüße

						Stefan