Subject: Re: bug#74785: 27.1; Fill-paragraph in RST mode does not respect line blocks

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 14:51:45 +0200

> From: James Cloos <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,  Eli Zaretskii
>  <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  Richard Brooksby
>  <[email-masked]>
> Copyright: Copyright 2015 James Cloos
> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 01:05:23 -0500
> 
> >>>>> Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <Stefan> writes:
> 
> this sort of wrapping used to work (at least in message buffers) for
> many years.
> 
> you should be able to find my bug report about it breaking and the
> resuting refusal even to accept that it is a bug.

If that's bug#24081, then I don't see any rejection there, only a
request for clarification (which you gave).  Then the bug was for some
reason closed several months later, with no rationale.

We could reopen the bug, of course (assuming it still relevant to
current versions of Emacs 30 and 31).  But that bug is about
message-mode, not about rst-mode, so I'm not sure it is the same
problem.