Subject: Re: [bug#74784] [PATCH] gnu: hugs: Fix build with GCC.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 00:19:00 +0100

Hi,

Homo <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Change-Id: I6bbfb65e62d9a2b1a3c8b29eb386a24d6974eb45
> ---
>  gnu/packages/hugs.scm                     |  7 +++----
>  gnu/packages/patches/hugs-fix-build.patch | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
>  2 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/hugs-fix-build.patch

A couple of minor nits but I think it’ll be useful if you plan to
contribute more:

> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/gnu/packages/patches/hugs-fix-build.patch
> @@ -0,0 +1,21 @@
> +diff --git a/packages/base/include/HsBase.h b/packages/base/include/HsBase.h
> +index aa1a7fb..78d5b46 100644

Could you add a sentence at the top explaining what the patch does?
(This will placate ‘guix lint’ in addition to myself. :-))

Could you also register the file in ‘gnu/local.mk’?

Last, you can use ‘etc/committer.scm’ to generate a commit log or
template thereof that follow the project’s conventions.

Thanks,
Ludo’.