Subject: Re: bug#74780: Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2024 20:31:57 +0000

On Wed, Dec 11, 2024 at 06:30 AM, John Kehayias wrote:

> Hi Guix,
>
> Currently the mesa-updates branch just has a few updates which seem to
> have built fine (on x86_64 at least), see
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74779>.
>
> I don't know of other pending changes other than a libva update I'll
> see about. Perhaps we can do some ungrafting too?
>
> John

(CC-ing Efraim after the patch to build the asahi vulkan driver on
aarch64-linux)

I just rebased on master after further updating wayland-protocols and
mesa to their very freshest versions.

Not much else going on here, so maybe just let this build and then merge
to keep things current. Unfortunately the QA page hasn't shown a status
for this branch but I'll check later.

There are discussions about libglvnd support in Mesa I need to chime in
on, so we could tackle that, but not until the new year for me. That
will require a decent number of changes and lots more testing, so my
preference would be to merge this branch when substitutes are available
and then immediately work on libglvnd or whatever else is pending.

John