Subject: Re: bug#74780: Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2024 02:46:43 +0000

Hi all,

On Sun, Dec 29, 2024 at 03:57 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Hey John and all,
>
> It’s the turn of the “mesa-updates” branch to be merged:
>
>   <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/>
>
> :-)
>
> Ludo’.

Thanks for checking in.

I just rebased and pushed. I'll keep an eye on it but didn't notice
any big failures (plenty on earlier evaluations but mostly due to the
python merge from what I can tell).

The question is what the substitute coverage will be like on
non-x86_64-linux. It had already been about 9-10 days from the last
update and didn't seem like much progress. And with QA back up but
very behind, not sure if we expect that to tell us anything soon.

Should I give it a day or so to build the current rebase and then just
merge? From Efraim's local builds and given the nature of the commits,
I don't expect any big surprises.

(Side note: does i686-linux have priority on Berlin or something like
that? The last few weeks I notice many more active i686 builds after a
push with many pending builds. The current evaluation, for instance:
the vast majority of workers are idle, and then the vast majority of
active are i686 builds. Or is that from just generally being behind on
i686 so there's just more of that to do?)

Thanks!
John