Subject: [bug#74778] [PATCH v3] gnu: linux-libre: Enable simpledrm driver.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2025 04:21:26 +0000

Leo Famulari kirjoitti 2025-01-02 18:58:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2025 at 05:52:46AM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>> Yes, those examples don't include Wayland.
> 
> Okay, thanks for confirming.
> 

I was a little wrong: only on x86_64 desktop.tmpl provides Wayland 
because it uses GDM (which itself defaults to Wayland), other hardware 
uses SDDM and it defaults to X11, and it is difficult to configure SDDM 
to Wayland because it tries to overtake tty1.

>> Looking at those examples, does it mean I just copy my /etc/config.csm 
>> as
>> gnu/system/examples/wlgreet-sway.tmpl?
> 
> I think you could just copy the services. The packages could be the
> minimal packages to boot and log in to the system. The filesystems,
> bootloader, and user accounts could be adapted from the other examples.
> 
> Let me know if you want some help.

I've already submitted config in #75279, it uses wlgreet-greetd and 
Sway, I had to modify it to delete SDDM and to provide some basic 
packages which I install via home config.