Subject: bug#74775: [PATCH] Update browse-url-kde variables

From: Björn Bidar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 01:04:56 +0200

Tags: patch

Update browse-url-kde's variables.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2)
Repository revision: 69e1f787528eaf2f223c53a6ff518ba4f984bc17
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101014
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-build-details --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --without-hesiod --with-gameuser=:games --with-kerberos
 --with-kerberos5 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-modules
 --enable-autodepend --enable-link-time-optimization --prefix=/usr
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share
 --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --with-file-notification=yes
 --libdir=/usr/lib64 --with-native-compilation=aot
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/share/emacs/31.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x --with-xim --with-sound --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff
 --with-gif --with-png --with-rsvg --with-dbus --with-xft --without-gpm
 --with-tree-sitter --with-x-toolkit=gtk --without-pgtk
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --x-includes=/usr/include
 --x-libraries=/usr/lib64 --with-libotf --with-m17n-flt --with-cairo
 --build=x86_64-suse-linux --with-dumping=pdumper
 build_alias=x86_64-suse-linux 'CC=sccache cc' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall
 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -fstack-protector-strong
 -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -Werror=return-type -flto=auto -march=znver3 -mmmx -mpopcnt -msse
 -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -mavx -mavx2 -msse4a -mno-fma4
 -mno-xop -mfma -mbmi -mbmi2 -maes -mpclmul -mno-gfni -mvpclmulqdq
 -mno-3dnow -madx -mabm -mno-cldemote -mclflushopt -mclwb -mclzero
 -mcx16 -mno-enqcmd -mf16c -mfsgsbase -mfxsr -mno-hle -msahf -mno-lwp
 -mlzcnt -mmovbe -mno-movdir64b -mno-movdiri -mmwaitx -mno-pconfig -mpku
 -mprfchw -mno-ptwrite -mrdpid -mrdrnd -mrdseed -mno-rtm -mno-serialize
 -mno-sgx -msha -mshstk -mno-tbm -mno-tsxldtrk -mvaes -mno-waitpkg
 -mwbnoinvd -mxsave -mxsavec -mxsaveopt -mxsaves -mno-amx-tile
 -mno-amx-int8 -mno-amx-bf16 -mno-uintr -mno-hreset -mno-kl -mno-widekl
 -mno-avxvnni -mno-avxifma -mno-avxvnniint8 -mno-avxneconvert
 -mno-cmpccxadd -mno-amx-fp16 -mno-prefetchi -mno-raoint
 -mno-amx-complex --param l1-cache-size=32 --param l1-cache-line-size=64
 --param l2-cache-size=512 -mtune=znver3 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -O2
 -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -fstack-protector-strong
 -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -Werror=return-type -flto=auto -g -D_GNU_SOURCE
 -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -DGLIB_DISABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS
 -pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label
 -DPDMP_BASE='\''"emacs-gtk"'\''' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 'CXX=sccache c++'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

>From 412418551717c788320a3d1f04a68f47f263c968 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Bj=C3=B6rn=20Bidar?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 00:43:29 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Update browse-url-kde variables

* lisp/browse-url.el (browse-url-kde-program)
(browse-url-kde-args):
Update defaults to more modern alternative to kfmclient.
Kfmclient is only installed when Konqueror is installed which isn't the
default file-manager since KDE4.
In contrast it is more likely that kde-open is installed as it is
required by Plasma, it exists since KDE4.
`browse-url-kde-args` isn't required anymore but kept to not break
compatibility.
---
 lisp/net/browse-url.el | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/net/browse-url.el b/lisp/net/browse-url.el
index c10bc671a88..5a54d653720 100644
--- a/lisp/net/browse-url.el
+++ b/lisp/net/browse-url.el
@@ -517,12 +517,12 @@ browse-url-text-input-delay
   :type 'number
   :version "23.1")
 
-(defcustom browse-url-kde-program "kfmclient"
+(defcustom browse-url-kde-program "kde-open"
   "The name by which to invoke the KDE web browser."
   :type 'string
   :version "21.1")
 
-(defcustom browse-url-kde-args '("openURL")
+(defcustom browse-url-kde-args nil
   "A list of strings defining options for `browse-url-kde-program'."
   :type '(repeat (string :tag "Argument")))
 
-- 
2.45.2