Subject: Re: bug#74775: [PATCH] Update browse-url-kde variables

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 14:38:42 +0200

> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 01:04:56 +0200
> From:  Björn Bidar via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Update browse-url-kde's variables.

Thanks, but when we change the default value of a user option, we need
to update its :version tag (so that commands like customize-changed
could notice that).

> -(defcustom browse-url-kde-program "kfmclient"
> +(defcustom browse-url-kde-program "kde-open"
>    "The name by which to invoke the KDE web browser."

Should we offer the other name as a (non-default) alternative?  It is
still available, right?

>    :type 'string

Should this be 'file instead?

> -(defcustom browse-url-kde-args '("openURL")
> +(defcustom browse-url-kde-args nil
>    "A list of strings defining options for `browse-url-kde-program'."

Should the default value depend on the value of
browse-url-kde-program?  E.g., if that is customized to kfmclient, the
value of this variable should probably not be '("openURL"), right?