Subject: [bug#74756] [PATCH gnome-team 0/3] Update gjs to 1.82.1

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 19:30:25 +0100

Am Dienstag, dem 10.12.2024 um 20:11 -0300 schrieb André Batista:
> Hi Liliana,
> 
> seg 09 dez 2024 às 21:11:59 (1733789519),
> [email-masked] enviou:
> > Hi Guix,
> > 
> > after updating GNOME Shell to 46 in [1], I noticed that the tools
> > dealing with extensions do not work as supposed.  According to [2],
> > upstream expects gjs versions 1.80 or 1.82 for GNOME 46/47
> > respectively, so let's update it.  Unfortunately, this also
> > requires updates of icu4c and mozjs, which I'd rather put in the
> > hands of our mozilla team if possible.
> > 
> 
> I'm not sure I understood your last sentence above: what do you mean
> by "rather put in the hands of our mozilla team"? To build on a
> separate branch? To review here the work you've already done? To fix
> those FIXMEs that you've worked around for now?
To put it bluntly, I've done the minimal work necessary to make gjs
itself build, but no QA whatsoever beyond that.  I suppose that folks
in the mozilla team have better insights to make this world rebuild not
a world breakage in disguise.

> Oh and the icu4c one does not apply cleanly on master because there's
> a icu4c-75 under what is currently icu4c-73.
Good to know, which invites a discussion if we shouldn't do an even
more recent version.  GJS to my knowledge only specifies minimal
requirements.

Cheers